Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Chicken Panang

Three years ago, on a break from school Theresa came home with this new recipe she was obsessed with and wanted our family to try. Being a resistant teenager, I was not feeling what she was doing in the kitchen, but once she forced me to try it I was in love. Years later I, too, am obsessed with panang and claim it be my favorite meal. I even try to convince my roommate to go to the thai restaurant by our dorm as many as 3 times a week, so I can get my panang fix. Well now that I am home for break, I am able to just make it for myself! 


I couldn't help myself from eating as I cooked, it's just so good! 
(I haven't been outside my house today so my appearance is iffy at best...sorry!)



Chicken Panang


Ingredients: Serves 4-6 (Unless you're me and then it serves 2 ish...I really like panang...)
  • 2 tbsp. oil
  • 2 tbsp. chopped garlic
  • 1 tsp. grated ginger
  • 2 tbsp. Red Curry Paste
  • 2 cans coconut milk (13.5 oz. each) 
  • 1 1/2 tbsp. brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
  • 1 1/2 tbsp. lime juice
  • 1/4 cup roasted and unsalted cashews
  • 2 breasts of cooked chicken
  • 1 bunch of green onions chopped
  • 1 cup red bell pepper
  • big handful of green beans
Assembly:
  1. In a seasoned wok, heat oil on medium heat.
  2. Once hot, add ginger and garlic and let cook until light brown.
  3. Stir in curry paste.
  4. Whisk in coconut milk, grated palm sugar, soy sauce, and lime juice and turn heat up to medium-high. *Add the lime juice little by little until it’s just how you like it. 
  5. Add veggies and chicken and cook until veggies are cooked completely.
  6. Top with crushed cashews and top part of green onion.


Eat up! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment