Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Scalloped Shorts DIY

I don't know if you guys have seen the scalloped hemlines everywhere,  but I have been noticing and I want them, all of them. 


Well I decided to make some of my own! I couldn't find any I really liked in store so I wanted to make some for myself! Being a poor college student I wanted to save a little going into the summer season. To do just that I decided to cut some jeans into shorts. I had a slight addiction to buying jeans for awhile and so I have quite a few pairs making it easy to spare a pair (or two if I messed up!) and secretly I think this pair may be Theresa's from high school but shhh..

This is my finished product and I loved how they turned out so much I was like why not post about them! 

All you need for your new jorts (jean-shorts) are:
-an old pair of jeans
-scissors
-a cup
and
-a pen


Turn your jeans inside out and decided how long you want your jeans to be.

Then use your cup to draw half circles on your jeans for a pattern of where to cut


I did mine so the sides each had a half circle, making it so I could only have to draw on one side and it will still be scalloped all the way around.

Excuse my undone hair and lack of makeup

LOVEEEEEE THEM!





No comments:

Post a Comment