Sunday, May 12, 2013

Packing Tips

Sorry that we have been completely MIA for, well, what seems like forever! BUT we are back! Theresa and I decided now would be a perfect time for a back in action post because we are seeing each other next week! Our whole family is traveling to LA for our brothers graduation from university.

Theresa thought we should do a little pre-trip series, which immediately made me think to do a packing tips post. I might see myself as a slight professional when it comes to packing. My OCD really perks up and I go just a little pick cray filling up my suitcase.

Ever since I was little I loved traveling and going on trips, and in my excitement I would always pack ridiculously early, like three weeks early. Fortunately time doesn't allow for me to be that early anymore, but I still pack earlier than most people.

Anyways back to the packing, I always try to start with laying everything I think I want to bring either on the floor or on my bed, this time I had to resort to the floor since my bed was a disaster! I alway try to do this to keep myself from over packing...and no it doesn't work, but I still try not to overpack. Without fail I come up with other random little items that I want to bring, but that happens to everyone, right?

I don't know about you guys, but when it comes to packing, I am a roller. I think Theresa introduced me to the idea or maybe I read it somewhere long ago, but I have been rolling my clothes for years. I swear I could fit all my clothes in one suitcase to go to college, granted the suitcase was enormous, but I like to attribute it to my fabulous rolling/packing skills. I, being the loser that I am, totally have watched the Martha Stewart 'how to fold clothes' video more than once. So I start to fold it how Marta instructs,

And then I start to roll it up from the bottom to the top.

So I have a finished little roll like this. 

To save more space, or more of so I can fit more clothes in, I even put shirts in my shoes

And I pack everything up, separating it for tops and dresses on one side and bottoms on the other.

And for this trip this is the only bag I am going to bring other than my purse.

Now all I have to do pack  my sunnies and I am ready to go! 



And HAPPY MOTHER'D DAY to all the mothers out there, especially mine!! Love you, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment